5th April 2017
Key Points from the Spring Statement
Filed Under: Uncategorized
- Class 2 NICs abolished from April 2018 as previously planned.
- VAT threshold to be £85,000 from April 2017.
- Going Digital delayed until April 2019 for those unincorporated businesses and landlords with turnover below the VAT threshold. The £10,000 turnover threshold for exemption stays the same. So from April 2018 just businesses, self-employed people and landlords with turnovers in excess of VAT threshold will be Digital.
- Cash basis entry threshold to be increased from April 2017 to £150,000 and exit at £300,000.
- Dividend allowance reduced to £2,000 from April 2018.
- Changes to s161 TCGA 1992 re tax treatment of appropriations to trading stock – ability to convert capital losses into trading losses removed from 08/03/2017.
If you liked this post please share it: